Monday, November 7, 2011

In the Studio: Day 68

This was my first proper day in the studio in nearly a month. I've been busy with The Lucerne Project show at Finestra Art Space, and accompanying Patty to her readings around the midwest. It's always the case after a long lay-off that I spend the first few hours clearing the tables that became piled with materials, then tidying up other parts of the studio that accumulated books, proofs of prints, jars full of pencils, pens, and different odds and ends. After that, I begin looking through the different pieces of work that I've started and semi-completed in 2011. I may have come to the depressing realisation that after spending hundreds of dollars on canvases and panels, I don;t like any of the paintings that I've done, and I may have to go back to the beginning and start all over again. Or maybe I'll change my mind, who knows.

I did continue something that ought to produce something interesting -- trying out a solution of Z-Acryl hard ground mixed with carborundum, and drawing an experimental image on a thin piece of aluminium:


When it dries, it should hold ink and print similar to an aquatint.

 Subscribe to Praeterita in a reader

Related Posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails