Thursday, November 17, 2011

In the Studio: Day 69

After teaching on Wednesday morning, and still feeling the effects of some jet lag from the London trip, I went to my studio for a short while. I took a proof print from that collagraph plate I made a few weeks ago, using carborundum mixed with Z-Acryl non-toxic hard ground. It was great to set things up to do some real printmaking again:


After inking the plate and wiping it with tarlatan/scrim, it was time to use Q-tips, the printmaker's friend:


The proof print as a little spotty, where I had slightly over-wiped the plate. But the actual collagraph surface was really strong, held a lot of ink (inked a la poupee), and could easily be cleaned and inked many times before it starts to break down. It could also probably be diluted even further with water, in order to create lighter marks:


Pictures taken with my rubbish cell-phone camera.

 Subscribe to Praeterita in a reader

Related Posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails