Saturday, October 1, 2011

Rare footage of Auguste Rodin


I went back to the excellent YouTube channel by nickwallacesmith for this rare footage of Auguste Rodin, shot some time around World War I. The actual moving images start around the 30 second mark, with film of him hammering a little at a sculpture after that. What's funny about some of this is that you get a clear sense of this old artist, born many decades before the invention of moving pictures, really not caring a whole lot about this camera business. "You want me to come out of the door, walk back and forth, then go back in? Take a step towards the camera? And another one? Really?"

It's really great. I hope you love this sort of thing as much as I do.

 Subscribe to Praeterita in a reader

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails