Tuesday, December 6, 2011

In the Studio: Day 73

I spent a productive and enjoyable few hours inking and printing those a-LOO-minnum plates that I worked on during my last studio day.

The final print looked like this:


The carborundum areas and the drypoint marks printed equally well with a blue-black mixture of etching ink. As I said before, I had to divide the image across 12 plates, and print them 2 at a time. The total size is 16" x 18". When the paper dries, I'll trim the individual pages and glue them together.

Here is a little album I made of the whole process:


 Subscribe to Praeterita in a reader

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails