Thursday, May 17, 2012

Finishing a piece

I made a final decision on that acrylic painting with dried acrylic shapes. The final arrangement was different, though. First, I spent time moving the shapes around on the painting until the right pattern just presented itself. The blue circle was a placeholder for the shapes, while I temporarily removed each one to apply the PVA glue:


After applying the PVA glue, I carefully placed the dried acrylic shapes back on the picture, put some wax paper over them, and pressed firmly. The following picture shows me gluing one of the larger shapes:


Et voila: the final painting (24" x 30"):


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails